Monday, May 31, 2010

Smell the rain

I've come to a place
Where I am learning
Not to lean on others
To accept their limitations
And look elsewhere
Look within.

I'm learning to find things
That are hidden in this world
I can finally
Smell the rain
I can live without this pain.

You may not care
But I won't dare
To let you drag me down

Its such a tragedy
You've gone so far
To think you were different
That you could really make a stand

But you only crumble
When it comes time to fight
You give in
Just because it feels so right

Does it feel good?
To throw away everything
That was once important?

Does it feel right?
To know you're just that girl?

I've accepted your limitations
I'm looking elsewhere

Maybe when you can cut the act
And look me in the eyes
You will see something
Farther than the end of your toes

Maybe one day
You will learn
To smell the rain
And find the hidden things
In this world
That bring true joy
The things that can never come from a boy.

No comments: